Saturday, July 21, 2012

Rant: Bad Customer Service

Bad services makes this kitty very grumpy!!!

The other day I went to one of the oldest shopping stores we have in my city to purchase an outfit for our office celebration and OMG I just experienced the worst customer service in my life. I observed that the sales person assisting me was slow to pick-up on instructions and almost hesitant to accommodate customers. Well I don't know if she was having a bad day, or if she was distracted or if she was just plain lazy so i decided to keep my cool and patiently waited for her. But after a while, I thought to myself that how an earth can this store hire someone as incompetent as this girl so I decided to look around for another girl to help me with my purchase but I found out almost all of the store's employees were like her, so unmotivated. 

As I was paying at the cashier, there were three girls handling the cash register and the first girl was checking the merchandise against the slip issued by the previous sales girl and it took her 10 minutes to check all of the merchandise because she was busy chatting with the other girls at the counter. Not only that, she had also trouble checking the prices against the slip so I had to dictate to her the prices just to speed things up. The two other girls did nothing to help her and just waited for her to finish while chatting before the second girl could enter it to the store's system and the last girl could put in a bag.  I mean one girl could surely do all of their functions if she was motivated enough but I just don't know what going on with that store.

I'm sure that no employer would hire slow and incompetent person but from what I had observed its as if those girls have no motivation to work. They did not show any interest in assisting customers and the customers had to call them out just to get help. I was really annoyed and I swore never again to return to that store. Its too bad because they really sell inexpensive products, but customer service was really horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...