Saturday, August 4, 2012

Update: Still Alive!


I'm still alive after experiencing massive chest and back pains that I had to rush to an hospital to get myself checked. I'm not gonna lie, I thought I was having a heart attack and I'm still 25 years old.  I was admitted in Medical Hospital for about 3 days and had full battery of test work-up just to make sure what was wrong with me.

It turns out I have minor Mitral valve prolapse, which means a valve on the left side of my heart was not functioning well. The valve thickened and does not close properly so it disrupts the flow of blood resulting low oxygen level in the blood.  It is an inborn heart defect and there was no need for permanent medication but I just need to avoid food and drinks with caffeine and strenuous activities. The doctor said it was good that I did not ignore the pain and decided to have it checked because early diagnosis meant I can make lifestyle adjustments and I don't have to resort to heart medication just yet.

Take care of your health and always listen to your body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...