Monday, August 20, 2012

Product Smackdown: Drugstore Concealers


Here are all the concealers that I have tried and I'm gonna tell you which of these works great for me and with of these  I don't really care about.

Lets start from my least favorite...


Maybeline Angel Fit Concealer - $10
Not good for oily skin, it tends to slip and slide throughout the day. The texture is liquidy and it can be great as an under the eye concealer but definitely not good for blemishes. This concealer comes in a dofut applicator and offers light to medium coverage. This is my least favorite concealer because it broke my skin out. I would not recommend this product for people who have oily skin and I decided to throw mine away because of the breaking out issue.


Elf Cover Everything Concealer - $5
This is the cheapest concealer I found so far and it comes with 0.141 oz of product. The texture is a bit waxy or oily and it does wear off throughout the day. I'd say it would last up to 4 to 5 hours on my oily skin. It offers medium coverage and it needs to be set with powder. This would be good for covering blemishes and when used under the eye, use only a small amount because it can settle within the lines and look cakey. I would recommend this for people with normal to dry skin and does not have many spots and blemishes to cover. As for me, I would still use this product up but I would not repurchase it again.


Revlon PhotoReady Concealer - $19
This is my recent concealer find and this has become my second most favorite concealer. It is quite expensive and it only has 0.11 oz worth of product but this concealer totally works for me. It comes in a stick form but the texture is so creamy and so easy to blend. It is perfect for concealing under the eye and works well with blemishes too plus it comes with an SPF 20 which is good to help lessen hyperpigmentation. It offers medium to full coverage and it last around 7 hours on my skin. Since it is a stick concealer it is also perfect for carrying around in your bag for touch-ups. This is my everyday concealer and I would definitely repurchase this again.


LA Girl Pro.conceal - $ 7 to $8
This is my favorite concealer of all time and I'm so sad because my local mall stopped carrying it. It is fairly priced and it comes with 0.25 oz worth of products. It is really a high definition concealer because it covers everything and stays on my face for more than 8 hours. It comes in a brush applicator and the texture is very creamy much like those thick foundation but it does blend with the skin well. They also have a good amount of shades to choose from, mine is in "Pure Beige". I have oily skin and with this concealer I don't find the need to set it with powder. I'm saving what little I have left for special occasions until I can buy a new tube. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...