Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Current Anime Favorites

It has been a while since I put up a post, I have been MIA for sometime because I was swamped with work. I have also been working on my property acquisition and sorting out the mortgage and stuff so yeah! It has been a busy couple of weeks.  

I did manage to squeeze in reading and quite a few romance novels on my kindle and watch some anime. For now here are my current anime recommendation, hope you like them as much as I did.

Kuroko no Basket
Kuroko is a member from the legendary middle school basketball team known as "The Generation of Miracles", and while nobody seems to know about him, the main 5 players of the team all admit that he is a better player. When he joins the high school basketball team, everyone is surprised to find out that he is small, weak, and easy to miss. What is the secret that makes him so strong, and how will he help his high school team?
I loved the anime SlamDunk with Sakuragi and Rukawa fighting to best each other in basketball back when I was still high school and when I read the Kuroko no Basket manga I was so hooked. I was so excited when I found out they made into an anime. This is definitely a step up from the SlamDunk in terms of animation. The storyline is also interesting because the main character Kuroko has a unique talent that you won't normally think is important in a basketball game. Kuroko is guy in the center of the photo by the way and his physical constitution is definitely not like the other players. I could go on and on about this anime but its better if you watch if for yourself. The characters are definitely interesting and the guys are all bishies. This anime is still ongoing but this is a great one to follow. 

Chihayafuru
Chihaya is a lighthearted tomboy, who's not especially good at anything in particular. Her dream has always been for her sister (an aspiring model) to become the number one beauty of Japan, or perhaps of the world. But then one day she meets someone who tells her that a dream is something that should concern only herself - and something she has to work hard for as well. At the same time, Chihaya discovers a passion for the old Japanese game hyakunin ishhu, also called "karuta".
Reading from the anime description, you may think that this anime is only so so, but watch the first two episodes and I'm sure you will love it. At first I was like, what the heck is this "karuta" but the anime really interpreted the rules of the game well and it somehow became really interesting. The main character Chihaya Ayase, a girl was introduced to this game by her friends in middle school Arata and Taichi. Arata, who was the grandson of a karuta master was so passionate about the game that he influenced Ayase in giving karuta a try. They played one game and from then on Ayase was obsessed. This anime is still ongoing and they are now on their second season. I really love the storyline of this anime and I felt that the characters developed nicely along the way. There is a bit of romance here but mostly the focus is on the karuta.

So until next time and remember anime are not only for kids but its for everybody =)


1 comment:

  1. Kuroko no Basket sounds like a good one to start watching this month since everyone is into "March Madness" now. My husband's birthday is in a few weeks, I think I might surprise him :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...