Friday, August 19, 2011

Book of the Month (Girl with the Dragron Tattoo)



My boyfriend bought this book about 2 months ago. We have this thing that every month I get to pick a book that I want and he would buy it for me because he knows I love to read (Isn't he sweet?). So we went to a bookstore looked around and I found this book in the bestsellers section and I picked it up, read the back cover and we bought it. I was looking for a book that is thrilling and full of mysteries and since this book certainly piqued my interest i started reading it the night we bought it.

The first hundred pages is really hard to get through because the story has a lot of characters and I can't remember who is who. Since the story is about a journalist investigating a supposed crime 40 years ago there are a lot of characters being examined and it was very confusing. So I got bored and I shoved the book aside and a month after I decided to start reading it again and to really stick with it. Surprisingly when I got to the middle part of the book I can't seem to put the book down and while I'm reading it my heart was beating really fast because of all twists in the story.

Overall I loved the book. It is definitely a book catered to more mature reader because it mostly talks about finance fraud and it contains a lot of violence. If you are planning to read this book, the story build-up is slow in the beginning but when you get in the middle I assure you that you will loose sleep reading it. I'm excited to watch the american movie version of this book and I hope it is as exciting as the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...