Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fist make-up gig

I have been using make-up for almost 3 years now but I have never done it to others besides myself. I was excited and scared when my mom asked me to do my cousin's make-up for her 18th birthday pictorial because I had never done it before. Sure I can do my own make-up in less than 10 mins but putting make-up on somebody else is a totally new experience.

It hard to decide what kind of look would suite the person your doing the make-up on and you have to consider a lot of things like their skin tone, skin type , preference and if they have allergies as to avoid using products that might trigger a reaction. So I started by priming her face and matching her to a foundation color. I ended up mixing a couple of foundation to get it to match. I decided to do a neutral make-up look to keep the look simple and somewhat elegant so it will not clash with the red dress that she will wear.

In the end I felt pleased with my work and I want to expand my experience more. I admired my work and I felt proud. Here are some pictures of that day. I was the make-up artist, photographer and director of our little shoot. My brother and I also had a little cameo appearance in his shoot because we couldn't help but join in on the fun.hehe

Photobucket
Photobucket

Testing make-up with flash photography.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...