Monday, December 10, 2012

DIY: Sweet Inexpensive Gift for any Occasion


 I saw Luise of Sprinkleofglitter blog post of this project, quiet sometime ago, and I took note of it because I thought it was such a great idea. Luise I'm copying you, I hope you don't mind.  It was such a sweet project perfect for gift giving.
Just a disclaimer, I am not an expert in arts and crafts but I really do try to be creative. So don’t judge! Over the years, I have accumulated a bunch of interesting photos of me and my boyfriend doing silly faces and a lot of couple shots, then one time I was feeling a bit narcissistic and I thought this would make a nice gift for our 7th year anniversary this coming December 20th.  I had the pictures,  I have the time to do this project, and I just thought why not give it a go.

So Here is what I did:
I got a huge poster frame at national bookstore. This frame was no more than Php 300.
I took the card board inside the frame and covered it with a Christmas wrapper.

     Printed the pictures into different sizes and arranged them on the board.
     Stuck them onto the board with a tape. I used a tape instead of glue because it is easier to remove and transfer when you make adjustments.

Printed out words that I want to put at the side of the frame and the date Dec 2012.
 Assembled the frame and wrote a little note to Sting saying that for his Christmas gift we will go shopping and dinner, on me. For this year he gets to choose his gift and we'll buy it together. 
I also made one for my cousin Monster. Her birthday is on the 30th of December and I decided to collage a picture of her and her cute babies. I added a bunch of stickers to make the collage more fun and in her card I also attached a photo of her babies playing together.

I really enjoyed making this project and I hope that Sting and Monster will like it. I think that this gift is really personalized, thoughtful, sweet and inexpensive perfect for those who are on a budget like me. I just think that pictures especially of your loved ones are so precious and that this gift would be like a remembrance of those times that you spent together.     








2 comments:

  1. I love giving customized gifts too!
    Just followed your blog!
    http://beatricemalveda.blogspot.com/ =)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...